Friday 4 April 2008

Class C - Day 5 - Its a Pass !

Great news, passed my Class C today in Steeton. Wasnt entirely happy with my drive but was well impressed when my lady examiner handed over the sheet with only 2 minors !!!

One for having a gear faff on a roundabout and the 2nd for getting 2 ft from an Artic trailer. I was holding back because of a box junction just after a set of lights, where an artic was waiting. Wasnt sure if I would fit in the gap but was also worried that if I held back cars would come out from the junction and use the sapce. So bit the bullet and pulled forward and then crept up to the Artic. Wheels were clear of the box but the rear of the truck wasnt !

No problems with the reverse but had to 'go round again' on the controlled stop because the examiner wanted to see me brake more sharply.

Had a good drive over to Steeton in the morning and then a very nervous wait while Bob (c0-trainee) went off on his test. The other 2 tests going at the same time as him both failed ! One of them crunched the gears all the way up the accelleration lane for the controlled stop before actually managing to get the truck into reverse !!! 10-15mph forward, reversing lights on, warning bleep active and lifted the clutch ! Oh my god !


Second guy also failed but that was cos he clobberred a telegraph pole during his test !

Bob on the other hand; well he passed as well ! Excellent !

At least one of the drivers during my test slot failed (artic) apparrently he couldnt get the trailer anywhere close to the coned loading bay ! Not sure about the other guy.

All in all; a good day !

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to you Col. Well done. I knew you could do it. Keep us informed of your driving life won't you.

Cheers for now

New Blood

Anonymous said...

Top man

Well done m8

Congratulations